Thursday, January 8, 2009

Optimism, or Just a Really Big Cup of Coffee?

I thought I’d grab a moment (when I really should be prepping for oral argument) to write a quick post, because I’m feeling good this morning. Don't panic. There is nothing wrong with your computer and you have not been re-routed to a different “Babychaser” blog. It's really me. God only knows how long it will last, but the Babychaser you know and (hopefully) adore beyond reason actually is feeling okay about herself, okay about her age, and okay about life.

Maybe it’s because my back isn’t hurting as bad today, and I finally think I’m on the right track with a chiropractor and PT for an actual, honest-to-god cure that will allow me to once again be the agile, active, strong person I thought I was supposed to be.

Maybe it’s because the holidays are over and I’m back at my job and at least my job is one place where I’m really talented and can feel good about myself.

Maybe it’s because the sun is finally shining again on DC, after days of dreary cold rain.

Maybe it’s because I took a percocet and a xanax last night for a massive period-induced headache.

Or maybe it’s just because I had a huge cup of coffee this morning.

Whatever. Who cares? It just feels good to feel okay, even if for a brief moment.

17 comments:

Newt said...

Happy Thursday, sunshine!

Hope the effects of the coffee are lingering...

Nikki said...

Whatever it is that's making you feel good and be happy, do it every day!! Love the good mood you've got going on there.

I think somehow it has something to do with the new year - 2009 has promises of being different and exciting in many ways!

Hugs to you!

Peeveme said...

Ah, feelings of well-being and confidence. Time used to be I felt that way most of the time. Now its a treat. Studies show that the young (20's) and the older (60+) are the happiest. It's us poor souls in the middle (late 30's and 40's) who are the most miserable.

Whatever you are doing keep it up. It's nice to hear this voice from you.
But if you even need to complain I'm here for that too. ;ts juts nice to know you are having a vacay from feeling crappy abotu yourself.

Shinejil said...

Savor this feeling! I hope that it starts popping by regularly, whatever's bringing it on.

Ms. J said...

Even if it's just for a few moments, I love reading and feeling the optimism in your words.

Pepper said...

Yay for feeling good! Whatever the trigger, I hope it continues for you.

Sue said...

Yay for you! I hope the optimism continues.

Good Egg Hatched said...

Go with it! We must enjoy these moments just as we allow ourselves to wallow in self-pity when feeling down.

annacyclopedia said...

So wonderful to hear you enjoying the good moments, Babychaser. May they pop up often and with great intensity this year!

Barb said...

HURRAY!

Darya said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling good today and took some time to enjoy the feeling. I find that lately, I truly appreciate my happy moments since they are so rare and far between. I hope this lasts for you.

luna said...

celebrate those moments while you got em!

I'm impressed you can do anything else while preparing for oral argument, btw.

Joonie said...

Whatever the cause of your optimism, just embrace it! The sunshine definitely does help.

Alyssa said...

Who cares why you're feeling good! Soak it up and enjoy every single moment!!

kate said...

Wow! Who is this person writing on your blog???

Actually, I'm sure it was the percocet doing the talking. It's amazing what a difference being pain-free can do for one's psyche, at least for me. And it's always amazing to feel like there's some hope for an end to your pain, to know that maybe, just MAYBE, there's a cure for what ails you.

But I'm with you. Whatever. Who cares? It IS good to just plain feel good, whether it's for a minute or a hundred years.

Me said...

Nice that you feel good :)

Kay said...

I just saw your blog for the first time and am soooo very appreciative of your posts and candor. We (also in Maryland) are on IVF cycle #1 after 2 IUIs resulting in a miscarriage at 15 weeks. Sonofabitch. Glad to hear of a good day last week. And thanks again!!