Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spotting

Woke up this morning to the faintest of light brown spotting. Textbook implantation bleeding, I know. But also the way my period always starts. (And my period is totally capable of starting while I’m on progesterone—it’s done so a few times.)

This means nothing. It tells me nothing more than I knew yesterday. It still could be either PG or AF, and I don’t think there’s any way to calculate the odds for which. So it looks like I'm going to spend another three days of reading tea leaves in my toilet paper.

The only upside, as far as my understanding of anatomy goes, is that this probably means I don’t have an ectopic brewing. (Or at least that, if I’m preggers, one of the little guys is in the right place.) I think implantation bleeding requires the implantation to be in the lining.

I thought I was stressed before, but that was just the calm before the storm. There’s a hurricane a comin’—better board the windows and slink down to the basement to wait it out.

10 comments:

Newt said...

Hope it's good news!

Shinejil said...

You know I know the torture that is spotting. It's enough to make the sanest woman nuts. Well, there's nothing for it: rage on, and get through this. I really hope it's very good news you get in the next few days...

Ms Heathen said...

I've just been reading over your past few posts, and I'm so sorry that you're feeling down at the moment.

My fingers are crossed that this morning's spotting is a sign of implantation & that you have some good news in the next few days.

Holding you in my thoughts.

Io said...

Oh, I hope it's the good! What with the Lord V stuff, it would be the type of kid who causes implantation bleeding just to mess with your mind...
I'll be thinking of you.

Rebeccah said...

Holding my breath and hoping the very best for you!

TP tea leaves is really the perfect phrase ...

Malloryn said...

TP tea leaves... that is a good one.

Spotting drives me crazy. I hope that this is good news in the end. I'll be thinking about you.

Katie said...

Hope the spotting means you are preggo! Its one of those things-- if you don't have it, you think you should, and if you do have it, you think you shouldn't. Maybe you should test tomorrow? :) Nevermind what I said about it being the worst idea ever [for me]...

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I think it sounds like a great sign! I know the 2ww is torture, but I'll be checking back obsessively for good news. ;)

Jen said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you tons of luck tomorrow! I'll be stalking for updates. :)

Working Girl said...

You will be in my thoughts tomorrow!!! I am really hoping for good news but, post when it's good for you! FYI - Mine is on the 23rd.